Sunday, May 20, 2018

In a month I'll think back on this and laugh, right?  Not quite, maybe three months, or closer to six.

Some wise person, most likely my brother, taught me as I was learning the RV Lifestyle that if the TV or radio are so loud you can hear it outside your trailer, then it's too loud.  Doesn't everyone know this? Does anyone around here have any common sense?  It doesn't look like it.

I know I need to find another RV Park and move.  If I were to leave by morning that wouldn't be soon enough! 

While I was out Saturday I received a call from the RV Park.  I let it go to voice mail and later found someone had complained my septic hose is leaking.  The previous neighbor ran over it, more than once, with his truck.  I have seen the small children who now live there stomping on the hose.  Of course it's going to to bust a leak.  I contemplated what to do.  I could 1) cut holes it in the hose with a pocket knife and then empty my tanks, (2) I could let it be and not do anything, or (3) I could go buy a new one.  Option 2 would be doing exactly what the neighbors do, take my time getting around to it.  Option 1 sounds fun, but I took option 3.   I spoke with a friendly neighbor who is a plumber who helped me protect the hose inside of a PVC Pipe.  The kids may still step on it, but PVC is stronger than the hose itself. 

The neighbors who most likely made the complaint are the same ones who had a busted grey water tank 2 months ago.  They are likely the same neighbors who park so close to my space and evidently have no concept of personal space. But....

So last night I called it an early night.  Usually quiet hours are 10pm-7am during the week.  I don't know what the quiet hours are during the weekend.  As I was trying to wind down, there's sounds of loud booms outside.  I have no idea what it is and I'm too lazy to go find out.  10 o'clock rolls around and it's still going on.  I give it another hour, since it's the weekend, and it's still going on.  At some point I called the office and left a voice mail.  Banging on the door.  Slamming car doors.  Sounds of someone running.  An hour later and it's still going on and someone has leaned up against, or propped themselves against my trailer because it's rocking, on more than one occasion.  Really?  Really?!!!  I called non-emergency law enforcement.  They came by and nothing.  No one was outside.  I should have asked the officer to check on the small children inside.  

I called the office again, before it opened and left them a message letting them know about the situation.  But now I wonder, will anything change?  It hasn't yet.  These folks have no idea of personal space.