Sunday, January 29, 2012

Breaking down

Today someone asked how I was doing and I honestly said that if I could I would torch this trailer.  Last week there was a small hailstorm.  We had 5 inches of rain and some parts of the community had tornadoes.  I did not have flooding, but the hail did crack the skylight over my bathtub.  Grateful it was over my bathtub because I do not have a 10 foot ladder to climb on top of my RV to repair or place it.  The RV Park is not able to loan me a ladder for liability reasons.  Although there are several construction people around this park they have been out for the weekend.  I return home after dark, a less than ideal time to be climbing on top of the RV to repair and replace the skylight.

For months I have had a leak around my toilet.  It's gross because it's the toilet.  I have checked the water line to the toilet.  At one time this line was wet, so I made three trips to Lowe's to get the right tool that would fit in the small space.  I tightened the fitting and was so glad to have it fixed, but yet it still leaks.  Someone told me to leave the black water tank valve open because there was the possibility I was not emptying the tank often enough.  After a week of no leaks I was elated, but not 5 minutes later found the toilet was still leaking.  It does not leak with every flush.  There are times I fill the toilet bowl full and sometimes when I do this it leaks, and sometimes it doesn't.  So what gives!  Tom the Repair Guy says this may be the broken valve and it will mean taking the toilet off and replacing the valve. 

In talking to my brother today he suggested I flush the fresh water tank.  If you remember, the park I was at before had water that smelled foul.  His concern was getting all of the "old and foul" water out.  I filled the fresh water tank, but have yet to figure out how to drain it.  I have only done this once in the past five years.  I found the place where the drain valves are located, but can not figure out how to open them.  It is not a T-valve, like the black water or gray water tanks.  I have twisted, turned and pulled to no avail.  The Owner's Manual, has no information about how to open these valves, not even where they are located, so does that make me smarter than the Owner's Manual?  Bro says that if I turn on the water pump I will be able to locate the water pump and may find another place to drain the valves.  Funny thing is, I turn on the water pump, but it does not turn on.  I have two switches to turn it on and try both, but neither gets it going.  I try turning off the city water supply, hoping that will prompt it to turn on, yet to no avail. Tom the Repair Man says this is small stuff and don't sweat the small stuff. 

Then, in the midst of cooking supper I burned the rice.  Where is the reset button so I can reset the day?