Monday, February 25, 2013

Catching some sun rays

I enjoy reading outside when the weather is half decent.  Living in the RV any time I am outside the neighbors all stop by and want to visit.  I have had a difficult time and way to tell them I really just need to read.  I am not interested in staying cooped up in the trailer either.  I used to have a coffee shop or two with big patios and good coffee, but stopped hanging out there for numerous reasons this fall.  So I have been in search of a place where I can read the paper, read some assignments and catch some sun.

When I lived in Denver my favorite library of all time was in Highlands Ranch.  I still drool over this library.  Big outdoor patio overlooking mountain range.  Indoor tables and big windows with views of the mountain range.  A quiet room with no phone and no computers.  Small group rooms with views of the mountains.


My current location is far from the mountains and does not have much view of the rolling hill country.  Last week I decided to try the local library.  I found a table under a large skylight and started to do some work.  It was interrupted by the sound of someone snoring.  The snoring went on for the next half hour.  I get it, the library is quiet and often peaceful and that is what some folks need to fall asleep.  It is easy to fall asleep in the library, but the snoring made it difficult for me to focus.

As I was walking out there was a young woman with her toddler daughter, or appeared to be her daughter.  The woman was sitting at a computer in the major walk way with her back to the walk way. Her pants were covering less than half of her buttocks and her panties left her buttocks exposed.  I contemplated telling the woman, but left that to the young girl she was with.

It was all I could do to wait until I returned to my car to bust out in laughter!  The snoring was one thing, but the view on my way out just sent me over the edge.  It was a riot and I felt like I was in some time warp. I have not been back to the library since.  Instead I have been spending time in the chain coffee shop.